Friday, February 20, 2009

You Are the Object Of My Affection


"I love you with even more passion", He whispered in my heart. I was sitting in a chair speaking to God about the woman I was in love with, when He spoke those words.

Passion?, I thought, what has God to do with passion, that is not an entirely holy subject, but I quietened as He continued, “You love her because she can love you in return, you love her because she is smart and beautiful, but when I loved you, you were formless, you were without any comeliness, void, I did not have any expectations of you, when I loved you, there was nothing you could have given me or added to me, nothing. Some people say Praise, but I have the Angels for that. I did not love you because I wanted praise from you. I loved you because I created you to love you.

I loved you so much I sent my son to die for you, I am you Father I created you to be my very own. I love you so much I have moved heaven and earth because of you. You are the object of my affection, the apple of my eye. I have inscribed your name on my palms; you are constantly on my mind.

My thoughts towards you are of peace. I want to give you much more than you desire of me. You have to understand how very much I love you. I love you with an everlasting love, and nothing can ever change that, you cannot fathom the extent of my love. I want you to understand that you can never deserve my love, you cannot earn it, it is my grace. All you need to do is understand this and accept it; you can only experience this grace when you accept it.

A lot of times you have shied away from my embrace, when I come towards you, you step away backwards, why do you do this... I am your Father, I love you, when I want to hold you, you turn away from me, you think you are too dirty, too filthy...if only you knew that you have been forgiven, because I loved you I forgave you, before you were born I forgave you, before you ever sinned I forgave you, so why do you hide away from me, why do you think I will not accept you. If only you could know the depth, the height and measure of my love, then you will know that I can never leave nor forsake you. Even if a mother can forsake her child, I can never forsake you.


I want you to remember that I created you to love you; I have brought you into my banqueting hall, and have set before you a table of fat things by my right hand. If you will only glimpse into what I have prepared then you will begin to understand the depths and the measure of my love.

I was numb for a few minutes, overwhelmed by the love radiating from his presence and then I began to write, I knew God wanted his entire creation to understand this truth, I knew it was important that I share this with everyone I loved. I am sharing this with you.

Please pass it on...share it with someone you love today.

In His Presence

No comments:

Post a Comment